- Chairman's Messages
- Masamitsu Sakurai (2007-2010)
- On the Launch of Newly Reshuffled Cabinet led by Prime Minister Naoto Kan
On the Launch of Newly Reshuffled Cabinet led by Prime Minister Naoto Kan
January 14, 2011
Chairman, Keizai Doyukai
- The reshuffled cabinet led by Prime Minister Naoto Kan started today. I evaluate the will of Prime Minister Kan who worked on the formation of a cabinet to be as he calls "the Strongest Cabinet" aiming at the solution of various problems that our country faces. I expect this cabinet to become powerful enough to realize its policies and "create new Japan" at any cost.
- Considering the fact that our country is exactly at the crossroad of the revitalization and the decline, we can not allow the solution of the various problems to be delayed any further. This year a decisive action is absolutely necessary in regard to such important issues as "drastic reform of the tax system," "reform of the social security system," and "opening of the country to the world at the Heisei era," etc. in order to establish a new system to turn the challenges like the globalization, declining birthrate and an aging population into chances and overcome these problems. I expect the prime minister's resolution and commitment.
- In order to do so, Prime Minister Kan must have a strong leadership. I urge the cabinet to re-establish the way to operate the administration through the close collaboration among the government and the ruling parties with strengthened National Strategy Unit as a pillar of the system. Moreover, to deal with the above-mentioned three issues, I urge the government to realize the new way to run the Diet through discussions from the national perspective among bipartisan members and etc.